Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Water pressure

As it rains a lot here, no one has to pay for water or sewer. New Zealanders won't be facing droughts any time soon. And even though we live near the top of a hill, we have unbelievably high water pressure.

I've blown the plastic cup out of my hand several times trying to fill it from the tap. When we flush the toilet, the water is so forceful that it sprays up and out of the bowl, getting the seat wet. Dangerous. No courtesy flushes here.

Even shutting the lid before flushing doesn't fully alleviate the issue - the water splashes up against the lid and runs to the sides and gets on the seat. Not as bad as without the lid down, but still....

So I got super pumped for my first shower! I wasn't sure if the water would pin me to the back wall or if it would hit me in the chest so hard I would do a backflip. Regardless, I looked forward to that shower. You can imagine my bitter disappointment when I found out we have a super-water-saver shower head. It barely trickles out.

We have a second shower in the basement that's normal. But one of my first improvements to this property is to get a better shower head installed upstairs.

Other updates: Our stuff is supposed to be delivered on Monday, so after we unpack, we can start uploading pictures. We also got a car - a white 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that we'll pick up on Monday too. We got a couch and TV set up and cable/phone/Internet should all be working this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the pathfinder. super good car. im about to sell my car to get a pathfinder with a 3d row seat. miss you guys lots. DJ