Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All Blacks

In the desert of postings for this blog, there are occasional oasis when a flurry of activity by either of us results in many postings in a small space of time. And so, today three of the All Blacks came to my workplace to sign autographs and take pictures with everyone. In attendance were Ma'a Nonu, Cory Jane, and Owen Franks.

Nonu is one of my favorite players and getting to see his forearms in-person was a great experience. I didn't end up talking to Jane but I had a good discussion about gridiron football with Owen Franks (his brother Ben Franks is another All Black). Owen's favorite team is the Raiders and I thought about discussing his poor choice, but then noticed his cauliflower ear and realized that even though I probably know more about football, I would have lost that argument.




2 comments:

The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu said...

What kind of nerds were we taking photos while wearing our corporate ID tags?

mwehde said...

LOL. You were leaving your Irish roots in the closet, not to tell him about his bad choice in best American football teams ;-)